The Extraordinary Form community will move to St. Joseph parish as of September 1, 2019.
- With this change, Fr. Pat is proposing (still open to discussion) Mass Times will change to 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and the Extraordinary Form will have the 11:00 a.m. time.
- Saturday will remain the same.
Weekday masses are to be determined.
- St. Joseph plans to host a welcome reception for the Latin Mass Community on Sunday, September 1, 2019.
- We will be making changes to the sanctuary to include communion rails and welcoming the Extraordinary Form community permanently into St. Joe as parishioners!
Second, the current rectory is not sufficient to house two priests. We are looking for another house close in the neighborhood, if available or build a new house on campus.
- The parish library is going to be divided into two offices.
Our school building is in need of attention. Denish Kerschen of The Law Company, Inc has assessed the building and recommends renovating this building that has good bones. Father proposes starting a capital campaign by 2021 to be able to refurbish the school building. It's going to take hard work and sacrifice. The walls are good and the building solid. Architects have come and are putting together a plan.
Andrew Purcell spoke about the youth of our parish and asked parishioners to pray for our youth.
Judi Scheidler's introduced Christ Life which will start at St. Joseph parish this fall. This seven-week course starts on September 4th. Think of it as a soul-adjustment by the Holy Spirit. Stay tuned for more information and sign-up.
Decades of Delano - September 28, 2019
Celebrate the uniqueness of who we are as a community church in the Delano neighborhood and come together to celebrate the gifts given to us by God. This event will support our school. Put in on your calendar.
Bishop's Pastoral Plan
- Renewal of Stewardship Way of Life
- Reclaim Sunday as the Day of the Lord
Start by inviting those you know who have fallen away to come back to Sunday Mass or parish and Catholic events.